Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's NEXT???... Momentum...The IMPORTANCE of having GOALS...

I have always been a believer in setting goals and making a plan to achieve them...
One of my favourite all time books that my brother lent me (and I still have) is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It focus's on 'Definite Purpose' in life, which is the starting point of all achievement.

4 days after competing in my second Fitness Model Competition within a matter of weeks, all I can think about is, 'What's next?'... Nearly everyday this week someone has asked me what my next GOAL is...

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve".  Napoleon Hill

When I set out to compete in a Fitness Model comp I did not give much thought to 'post-comp'. I really thought I would only compete once and then move onto my next 'fitness goal'. Maybe train for a Marathon, since I completed my first half-marathon in March this year, or maybe start triathlons or get back into dancing...

But...No. I am hooked. I absolutely LOVE/LOVED everything about prepping for comp - the dieting, the prepping, the amazing people I have met along the way and will now have as friends for life, the early morning and late night cardio, but most of all - the weights training.
Feeling STRONG (and lean) is the best feeling in the world.

Those close to me know that I have always been a cardio bunny. I loved everything CARDIO and like most girls, was always a little hesitant to get into 'heavy' weights. Over the last few months I have received many emails and messages asking how I have 'transformed' or 'regained' my body since having Harry.

There is NO secret. Just HARD WORK and CONSISTENCY.


My Top 3 Tips to ACHIEVE THE BODY OF YOUR DREAMS.

1. Having a CLEAR GOAL. Visualise what you want. Make a Wish Board and put it on your bedroom wall. Read your goal out loud everyday and doing everything you need to until you achieve it!
2. Clean EATING. Prepare and stick to your plan. Allow yourself a cheat so you don't go insane (80/20). And listen to your body. It doesn't want to eat CRAP!
3. WEIGHTS training. Step off the cardio equipment and into the weights area at the gym! You will not look like a man. Trust me. I did it. You can to.

So, back to GOALS...
What's are my next goals???
- To get stronger! I want to be able to Squat 100kg and Deadlift 110kg (may take a little while).
- To put on 2kg of lean muscle (which may take a little while too).
- Then compete next year, with more experience, prep and confidence behind me!

With July fast approaching, have you thought about your goals for the second half of the year?
Feel free to share your goals, to make yourself accountable.

If you need help with Nutrition or Exercise Programs - email - sharna@calmahealth.com.au.
I am always happy to help!



No comments:

Post a Comment