Thursday, October 4, 2012

Time to Reflect

One of my favourite things to do is sit at an airport with a coffee and people-watch... Waiting for my flight to Melbourne for the INBA Nationals this Sunday, and I am doing just that... Be it a long black coffee, and not a Mocha... But it is SO nice to actually STOP, SIT & REFLECT on the past few months...

A whirlwind would be an understatement... After my last Fitness Comp in June, I openly blogged about not competing again until next year... Well, after a few weeks off, I was lucky enough to be approached by Federation Health/Reflex Nutrition and was offered sponsorship... Which, I guess ultimately changed my thoughts on competing again sooner! A BIG BIG thank you to Dean Jones, and the Federation Health team! Looking forward to many many more opportunities, to represent Federation Health and Reflex!

So, yes, this prep has not been as long or 'precise' as last prep, and I did enjoy an AMAZING 3 week holiday overseas right in the middle of it (which, by the way, I wouldn't have changed for the world -as I had the best time with my beautiful girlfriends!)... But looking back on the past 8 weeks and I am overall pretty happy with how things have gone.

I have been asked over the past week, "How do you feel?" "Are you ready?"...
Honestly, I have felt tired for several weeks! But I don't think that is a reflection of my prep... I seem to have a knack for taking on many tasks at one time! So, with training, prep, looking after my little baby boy, Harry, and building my other baby - Calma Health.... I can certainly say my juggling skills have improved this time around!

As for being ready?!?! Um, I think I am as ready as I will be this time! And if I am hard on myself, I can say I am not as ready as I was in May/June.... But I have learnt so so much more about myself, my body, my training, my diet, this time around and am even MORE EXCITED than ever to go into next years comp with so much more knowledge!

In the recent weeks I guided 2 amazing women to compete for the first time! It was the most fulfilling feeling seeing all the hard work and dedication of your clients/friends come together. Seeing them shine up on stage, to me, was almost more rewarding then my own progress and competition.
The fitness/Facebook/lifetime friends I have made since starting in this sport are what I value the most!

I know this will sound 'cliche' but no matter what happens on the day, I will be happy!
I am one super proud mumma, one super proud business owner/coach, and super proud competitor!

I often wonder whether to share as much as I do, so openly on Facebook and through blogging, but it keeps me going, keeps me motivated, and on the not-so-positive days - keeps me pushing through to the next day... So I just want to say THANK YOU. To whoever you are reading this, and sharing my journey with me!

So many exciting things happening in the (VERY) near future.... Stay tuned for the next chapter!





No comments:

Post a Comment